We have curated this template so you need to start from scratch. Use the templates to start work with utmost productivity. Let Tixio do the rest. Add more contents to your template to personalize it. Share with your people so they can use it later as well.
What is a Meeting Minute?
Meeting minutes are the official summary of what happened during a meeting.
They serve as an outline, a written record for anyone unable to attend and to use for future reference. Minutes document what happened and what decisions were made. When written well, and when using a good meeting minutes template, minutes are a critical communication tool for your organization.
How to right a Meeting Minute?
There are five main steps involved in recording the minutes of a meeting. They are:
- Writing or transcribing the minutes
- Sharing meeting minutes
- Filing or storage of minutes for referencing in the future
What to Include in Meeting Minutes?
Before recording any details, a designated minutes recorder should familiarize themselves with the type of information that they should record. A group may be using a specific format to record notes but, overall, the minutes of a meeting typically include the following details:
- Date and time the meeting happened
- Names of attendees, as well as absent participants
- Acceptance of, or amendments made to, the previous meeting’s minutes
- Decisions made regarding each item on the agenda, such as:
- Activities undertaken or agreed upon
- Next steps
- Outcomes of elections
- Motions accepted or rejected
- New business
- Date and time of the next meeting
The Process of Writing Meeting Minutes
When the meeting ends, the individual tasked with writing minutes should get all the resources he needs to write up the minutes in a clear, presentable way. Here are some tips to consider:
- Once the meeting ends, don’t take too long to write the minutes. This way, everything that took place in the meeting is still fresh in your mind.
- Review the outline that had been created earlier and make adjustments where necessary. This might include adding extra information or clarifying some of the issues raised. Also, check to see that all verdicts, activities, and motions were clearly recorded.
- Revise the minutes and ensure they’re brief but clear.